Saturday, October 27, 2012

October Stamping

A friend from work got married earlier this month, and this is the card I made for the happy couple:
Simple elegance: one of my favorite cuttlebug folders with a sentiment from Essential Sentiments in grape, and vanilla pearls, on Vanilla c/s

As a gift to the couple I offered my husband's photography, and they took us up for the rehearsal and dinner. The couple was married in the chapel on campus -- and it would be difficult to find a more beautiful place.

I also had to get a card out to my dad's wife, and my mom for their birthdays (a couple of days apart):

A cheery card for my dad's wife -- using some bright leftovers from a SU! class I took this Spring. I think I mailed my mom's before photographing it -- oops!

I have a dear friend -- who moved about an hour away (closer than she had been) and I *still* don't get to see nearly enough-- with a birthday next week and this is the card I am sticking in the mail to her today:
Touches of pink, and bits of brown -- I love the way the A|Muse Vintage Labels with the matching stamp allow me to coordinate! The inside sentiment simply says " You're one of my nicest thoughts."
And finally, to be caught up, here is the card I made for next Friday's baby shower at work:
A sweet baby boy card for a nice colleague and his wife, expecting their first in time for Thanksgiving! I love the mix of A|Muse vintage labels dies, gingham paper, stamp set AND a found item -- a tag off some pants I recently bought! The front says "welcome, little one."

I also attended a SU! Christmas Stamp Camp this month for some ideas, and I may post those when I have re-interpreted them into Cricut and A|Muse, which is what I am planning to do. BUT, I'll probably work on the small gifts for my work friends next -- October is nearly over, so Halloween goodies have to be a priority!! I can't let them down after years of special treats in their mailbox, right?!?

Happy Stamping,
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment