Sunday, July 20, 2014

Birthday Album

A friend recently had a milestone birthday and her husband went all out to throw her a bash to remember. She doesn't scrapbook (which is a shame because they travel all over the world -- but I digress) so I decided to help her create an album to save all those memories in a convenient place. I gathered all the pictures I had, and those that were shared by one of her colleagues via Dropbox, but also left her pages to fill with other pictures she had of the evening. I won't share all the details of the fun event, but I will mention that Alanis Morrisette played an intimate set in the backyard. Oh, and there was a Taco Truck sporting a spoiler in her driveway, too!
Pink & Glitter -- for the beautiful Birthday Diva

A Muse sequins in a pocket -- a special bit of bling!

I made a pocket for the touching speech her husband
gave, so she can have it in the album without everyone else being
able to read it
I was sure to leave places to journal -- there is quite a story to tell here!

There were a lot of pictures taken that night -- on cameras, smartphones and by a
professional photographer, so I left a lot of space for those to be added.

One of the most enjoyable parts of this project, other than the friend it's for, was
 tying in all the bright colors from the party!
 
I made a section for cards and larger photos

This was truly a labor of love, and so much fun. I hope it is a gift she will treasure -- and I hope she'll allow me to do the next one (in 10 years), as well!

Note: this one done in a pink 6X8 Tell Your Story album and many but not all of the stamps and embellishments are from A Muse. Being able to mix and match the pocket pages allowed me the versatility to make this project really shine! If you have any questions about this project, the album or anything else, let me know!

Happy Stamping!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment