Thursday, July 12, 2012

Owl Miss You

I took my son to college this week! He's taking a 3 week class, with other incoming 8th graders, at University of Kansas (Lawrence) as part of the Duke Talent Identification Program. He was willing to fly in as an "unaccompanied minor" -- meaning he is fine on his own and didn't see the need for me to waste my time getting him there. I explained that I wasn't going for him, but so I could see the campus and meet his roommates. I sent a note before leaving Kansas City, and am sending his first "care package" -- the 2 books he requested from his bookshelf, and of course a hand-stamped card:
Stampin' Up Owl & Bird punches, wood-grain washi tape, and  sentiment from  The {stamps} of Life
He'll probably use the card as a bookmark, but at least he'll know his mom misses him! The daily schedule is really packed, but he's texted with his dad and with me a couple of times, so we know he's having a blast and enjoying learning more about computer programming (and life on a college campus)!

Happy stamping!
Christina

No comments:

Post a Comment