Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cards of the Week

I got a FUN order from the A|Muse Studio holiday catalog in on Monday -- but since orientation began at work on Tuesday I haven't had much time to play with all of the things from the Holiday catalog. I had a couple of thank you cards to send out this week, though so I recycled an unfinished project and dug out some of the chevron paper for another:

Bermuda chevron on a bermuda base, with the thank you from hand scripted on sugar cardstock, french roast ribbon and butterfly trio and vintage label 1 dies

Recycled: vintage labels 2 & hand scripted on vanilla c/s with some random washi tape.
The saying on the inside, for both of these, is the same as the outer saying on this card, made with the scraps from the others . . . Gratitude can transform common days into Thanksgivings. This is also the first card I tried stardust finishing spray on . . . I got it since I had heard such good things about it and wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Now I am only sorry I didn't discover it sooner!

And, finally, I ordered a few of the sets meant to be Hostess Booking incentives, or rewards or  . . . but at least 2 were destined for my collection from the time I set eyes on them, especially this one:


Unfortunately, I've had to send this one already -- a dear friend had a stent put in over the weekend. And since he is one of the MOST fun septuagenarians I know this was just the right thing to say!
 
I've since spent some time scrapbooking, since my son just ranked up to Life Scout I have to get caught up with his Boy Scout album in time to add all the things he'll do to earn Eagle (projected: next summer, so he has it going into high school), and worked on the pages I am doing for an A|Muse Studio calendar swap -- I'll post that when I send it off to the swap coordinator!
 
Happy Stamping,
Christina

1 comment: